Save by purchasing one of our bundles
Combine your purchase of David A. Leffel’s eBook with Videos, An Artist Teaches, along with Sherrie McGraw’s eBook with Videos, The Language of Drawing, for a set of first-class art instruction books.
In this digital version, your enjoyment of An Artist Teaches and The Language of Drawing will be enhanced by art videos that demonstrate the simplicity of Leffel’s and McGraw’s teachings. Benefitting from 50 years of teaching experience, you’ll have everything you need to help you become a better artist. As you read the books, simply click on the live links to get instant instruction by the authors themselves.
Here’s what you’ll have at your fingertips:
- 38 concise videos illuminating the text (14 from An Artist Teaches and 24 from The Language of Drawing)
- Clear explanations of the use of composition, color, value and paint quality
- Access to Leffel’s work in greater detail than ever before possible
- Leffel’s philosophy of painting spoken by the master himself
- Drawing technique demos using classic materials
- What good draftsmen look for on a live model
- McGraw drawing from a live model
- And much more, all at your fingertips!
As you can see, these one-of-a-kind eBooks are like having a year-long, online master art class right in your computer! There is nothing else like it in the art world!
An Artist Teaches
An Artist Teaches is the defining instructional masterpiece written by David A Leffel, the legendary teacher from the Art Students League in New York. This book is the culmination of years of dedication to the art of oil painting and has become a “painting bible” to many art students. We are excited to offer this classic oil painting art book in four new eBook formats.
With nearly 50 years of teaching experience, Leffel’s logical approach to painting is magnified in these ten concise films. Offering personal explanations of his ideas, Leffel shows the important principles of painting by using examples of his own work. You will see the real application of edges, paint quality, color, value and composition as they manifest in a painting. These films are strategically placed to illuminate his writing and make his teaching philosophy come alive to the reader.
If you are looking for a clear explanation of how painting actually works, this is the eBook to buy. Whether you are a beginning art student or a seasoned professional, An Artist Teaches will give great insight into the visual potential of painting and will help give fuller expression to your own artistic vision. With over 140 full-color illustrations of Leffel’s paintings, this eBook allows you to “dissect” beauty and uncover the magic in Leffel’s work through the magnification technology available today on mobile devices. For beginners and accomplished artists alike, this eBook gives you what you need to improve your skills while giving you a fuller appreciation of the magic of painting.
The Language of Drawing
Some have called The Language of Drawing the definitive instructional book on drawing. Now that it is out of print, we are excited to offer this classic in four new eBook formats.
If the reader is looking for an alternative to stiff academic drawing, this is the eBook to buy. McGraw restores child-like vigor to drawing while bringing it firmly into its mature form. This eBook explains what all good draftsmen have known since the discoveries made in the high Renaissance. With over 200 full-color illustrations of McGraw’s drawings, it also includes some of her influences in a special chapter filled with work from some of the greatest draftsmen of all time. For beginners and accomplished artists alike, this eBook gives you what you need to improve your skills while falling in love with drawing again.
These eBooks have been designed as fixed-layout ePub files to preserve the qualities of the original print books. The following highlights how to open and read a fixed-layout ePub file on a computer or mobile device:
- On Apple computers, iBooks is used to read eBooks. To read an eBook on an iPhone or iPad, sync it via iTunes or iCloud Drive. The eBook can also be directly downloaded from an iPhone or iPad and opened in iBooks.
- On PC’s, our eBook Designer recommends the Readium browser extension for Chrome. For specific instructions, click on the following: How to open an ePub file on a PC or laptop using Readium. The EPUBReader browser extension for Firefox can also be used. Google Play Books can be used to read eBooks on Android mobile devices.
Disclaimer: You must be logged into your Artist Guild account to access the videos in the eBook. The videos in this eBook will be available to view for 12 months from purchase date. You will be able to extend your video access after 12 months through your Artist Guild Membership or the yearly subscription plan for this eBook.