- Reviews (0)
Self-Portraits is an inspiring journey into painting through the extraordinary perceptions of one of the leading artists of our time. Using this time-honored artistic self-examination, Leffel’s personal insights will inspire viewers as they follow his work through years of discovery into the mysteries of painting. With biographical contributions from two nationally known artists and celebrated authors—Gregg Kreutz and Sherrie McGraw—as well as autobiographical prose by Leffel himself, this book is a true examination of a singular life in art through his stories and paintings.
Now in an eBook format, this classic art book is at your fingertips on most every mobile device. It promises to give the viewer a special insight into an extraordinary life devoted to art.
Now in an eBook format, this classic book is enhanced with two videos of Leffel explaining the history of painting and how it grew out of drawing, and a video explaining how he starts and finishes a portrait. It also contains two in-depth conversations with McGraw about his adventures becoming an artist. You will get an intimate glimpse into an extraordinary life through the artist’s own anecdotes right from his studio in Taos, New Mexico. And you will have all this at your fingertips on most every mobile device. This eBook will give the viewer a special insight into an extraordinary life devoted to art.
Readers of Self-Portraits will benefit from:
- David A Leffel’s more than 60 years of painting experience
- A video on how Leffel starts and finishes a portrait
- A video illuminating the vital history of drawing and painting and how it formed the development of painting
- 2 in-depth video interviews with Leffel himself about his life in art
- More than 150 full-color illustrations
- Stories about Leffel’s development as a struggling artist to his present place in the annals of art history
- And much, much more, all at your fingertips!
As you can see, this one-of-a-kind eBook is like having a year-long, online master art class right in your computer! There is nothing else like it in the art world!
This eBook has been designed as a fixed-layout ePub file to preserve the qualities of the original print book. The following highlights how to open and read a fixed-layout ePub file on a computer or mobile device:
- On Apple computers, iBooks is used to read eBooks. To read an eBook on an iPhone or iPad, sync it via iTunes or iCloud Drive. The eBook can also be directly downloaded from an iPhone or iPad and opened in iBooks.
- On PC’s, our eBook Designer recommends the Readium browser extension for Chrome. For specific instructions, click on the following: How to open an ePub file on a PC or laptop using Readium. The EPUBReader browser extension for Firefox can also be used. Google Play Books can be used to read eBooks on Android mobile devices.
Disclaimer: You must be logged into your Artist Guild account to access the videos in the eBook. The videos in this eBook will be available to view for 12 months from purchase date. You will be able to extend your video access after 12 months through your Artist Guild Membership or the yearly subscription plan for this eBook.